Have you ever bought something on FINN? Or used HeltHjem to ship your product home? Maybe spread some morning magic by ordering Morgenlevering? Or at least read VG or Aftenposten? Schibsted has a vast portfolio of well known brands, which are all about helping people in their daily lives. Now, our customers demand seamless and sustainable solutions when using our services. In order to attain that state of continuous, frictionless and footprint light flow of goods and services, a brand new team is being built: Schibsted Ecom. Our job is to define and develop the future of ecommerce, and we´ve just started building the team to do so. Today, the E-com team is very lean, consisting of three members - looking for the fourth important member: A top-tier service designer, with a passion for creating world class services and user experiences.
Our new team's purpose is to generate innovative ideas and build sustainable and financially viable digital products and services within a growing domain of e-commerce. As a Service designer in Schibsted Ecom, you will work across a portfolio of familiar brands and future opportunities - testing future oriented, sustainable solutions to current user pain points. You will be responsible for ideation, research, conceptualization, rapid prototyping and user testing, optimizing the user experience of our current and future customers, in partnership with product managers, engineers, tech savvy seniors, and business developers.
You are serious about deconstructing complicated problems into something understandable. You are capable of zooming out and discussing a high level strategic decision while turning around to zoom in and discuss interaction design details with fluency.
You thrive on transforming complex systems and fragmented experiences into coherent user journeys that elegantly solve the users’ problems and delight them.
You are someone who gets energy from building strong relationships and are able to bring opinionated cross-functional stakeholders along in the design journey.
You are a proactive, resourceful and driven self-starter – skilled at building cross-functional relationships and navigating a matrix organization when needed.
Strong communication skills in English are a must, as well as coolness under pressure, problem solving, attention to detail, and the ability to mediate and cope with rapid change.
Agile is your mantra, and user testing is your forte. Both early discovery work, rapid iterations during development, and usability testing of more established designs.
- Turn Schibsted Ecom´s ideas, strategies and goals into amazing user experiences
- Collaborate closely with UX colleagues, product management, analysts and engineering to ensure successful product development
- Employ a rich set of tools and methods such as journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes to communicate design intent
- Lead your peers and stakeholders to improve our way of working and envision possibilities, as well as actively promote knowledge sharing within the UX community in Schibsted
- Conduct qualitative, evaluative user research in various formats
- Collaborate with the central UX research team in Schibsted and teams in other offices in the Nordics
- Actively stay updated on what's happening in the design and tech scene, and translate trends into ideas and opportunities
We want to be an environment where it is safe to come up with any idea and where testing and failing is a natural ingredient of success. We want you to bloom to your fullest potential and take full ownership of your own work, and we want you to feel opportunistic in the midst of massive uncertainty.
We can offer:
- Flexible working hours, and the equipment you need to work comfortably remote, and a return to new modern offices when COVID-19 guidelines permit.
- Schibsted Learning Lab, a company-wide learning platform to improve your skills and support your career development.
- Access to Linkedin Learning Platform with over 16,000 expert-led, online courses and video tutorials.
- Employee Shares Saving Plan.
- Wellness services with on-site fitness center, and online fitness centers membership
- Schibsted UX Community (online meetups, conferences, UX launches, etc.)
- Opportunity to visit other offices.
- Opportunity to grow and develop professionally within the company.
Does this sound interesting? We are looking forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
About the company:
Schibsted is a family of digital brands with a strong Nordic position, and more than 5,000 employees. Millions of people interact with our companies every day through our leading online marketplaces such as FINN, Blocket, and Oikotie; world-class media houses including Aftenposten, VG, and Aftonbladet; and smart digital services such as Lendo. We also help new promising businesses grow. Our joint mission of empowering people in their daily lives is rooted in the values of our media heritage and a legacy of bold change. At our best, we are a fearless force for change in a society built on trust and transparency.