Want to join a frontrunner in renewable energy that is actively seeking early entry into new markets globally? Since the establishment in 2007, Scatec has acquired extensive knowledge and experience in developing, building and operating solar, wind and hydro power plants and storage solutions. Scatec is a leading renewable power producer, delivering affordable and clear energy worldwide. Driven by our company values and competent global workforce, we aim to deliver competitive and sustainable renewable energy globally; protect our environment and improve quality of life through innovative integration of technology; and create shareholder value. We are present in four continents and are headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Currently, we are looking for a Communications Manager to be part of our global team working together towards our vision – Improving our future. As our Communications Manager, you will be responsible for initiating, planning, executing and coordinating external communication activities to strengthen Scatec’s position in target markets, maintain reputation and further build the renewable brand and profile.
We are looking for a Communications Manager who is a proactive self-starter with good interpersonal skills. You have excellent verbal and written English and Norwegian language skills, as well as good listening and collaboration abilities across time zones and cultures. Furthermore, you have ability to identify communication needs and challenges and develop effective communication strategies in response. To succeed you are an imaginative person who can constructively challenge conventional ways of thinking and introduce new ideas.
- Develop communication plans and execute communication activities, including advertising/profiling activities
- Manage media relations and pro-active media outreach both in Norway and internationally
- Monitor media coverage relevant to Scatec and prepare holding statements, Q&As and support crisis communication preparedness
- Take part in strategic discussions related to communications and support management on external and internal communications with speaking points, briefs, speeches etc.
- Produce articles, presentations and other information for Scatec’s various external and internal channels
- Write press releases/stock exchange releases and produce content for financial reports
- Follow up and support projects and JV communication, as well as general communications tasks globally
- Manage relations with external service providers in various markets
- Monitor and measure performance against agreed objectives
- Flexible and structured in your form of work
- Thrives on constant change and the ability to prioritize and change priorities
- Excellent communication, presentation and team working skills
- High social and intercultural competence
- Used to changing environments and to quickly meet new challenges
- Solutions-oriented with a strong “can do” attitude
- Curios by nature
- Education: Relevant education min. Bachelor/Master’s within media, communication, marketing, or other relevant fields
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Meritorious with competence/experience in the areas of business, political communication and media contact, with both strategic and operational tasks
- Curiosity, experience and knowledge of the different channels' peculiarities, as well as the interaction between traditional and digital channels
- Fluent in English and Norwegian, both spoken and written
Scatec is an exciting, innovative, and ambitious renewable company operating in a growing industry. We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible, diverse, and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues with a positive drive to make a difference. We are located in new and modern offices at Skøyen.
It is part of every employees’ terms of reference to contribute to Scatec's vision: Improving our future and adhere to our company values which are:
- Driving results
- Working together
- Location: Skøyen, Norway
- Travel: Occasional travel is to be expected with this role
Scatec collaborates with Hammer & Hanborg in this recruitment process. Contact recruitment consultant Georg Mork if you have questions about the role or process. You can reach Georg by phone +47 22 44 33 00 or mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply through Hammer & Hanborg’s website and we will take care of your personal information in accordance with GDPR.
Scatec is a leading renewable power producer, delivering affordable and clean energy worldwide. As a long- term player, Scatec develops, builds, owns and operates solar, wind and hydro power plants and storage solutions. In the first half of 2021, Scatec will have a total of 3.3 GW in operation on four continents and more than 500 employees. The company is targeting 15 GW capacity in operation or under construction by the end of 2025. Scatec is headquartered in Oslo, Norway and listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ‘SCATC’. To learn more, visit www.scatec.com, or connect with us on Linkedin.