The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group is a market leader in Vehicle logistics and RoRo Shipping, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world. Listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and located in 29 countries, the group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC.
We are looking for a high caliber communication professional able to support us communicating our mission of Sustainable Logistics for a World in Motion. The candidate we are looking for will have extensive experience covering the broad scope of communications activities and disciplines.
The role will be responsible to lead all aspects of corporate communications including traditional and digital media engagement, internal communications brand management, crisis communications and event management. The role will work closely with the executive team to develop communications plans supporting the corporate strategic objectives together with particular engagement with the Marketing, Investor Relations teams and Sustainability teams.
We are Oslo Headquartered with activities spanning the globe. As such, the successful candidate will be adept at working in a global, cross cultural environment together with understanding of the requirements of working in a Nordic publicly traded company.
The VP Corporate Communications will lead a small team of communications professionals in Oslo as well as engaging with a global network. The role will collaborate particularly closely with the marketing, Investor Relations and sustainability teams. The role currently reports to the Chief Digital & Strategy Officer however will be transitioning to the HROD division.
The VP of Corporate Communications will work tactically, strategically and operationally with Wallenius Wilhelmsen's communication. Supporting our group corporate strategy, the VP Corporate Communications will be responsible for, among other things:
- Develop and direct communication strategy, communication plans and drive specific communications initiatives.
- Manage and develop Wallenius Wilhelmsen’s communication channels and tools, including digital channels, online events, physical meetings, newsletters and video
- Produce, develop, locate and coordinate high quality engaging and informative content for both internal and external purposes
- Work with HROD and the executive team to develop internal communications programmes and processes required to support organisational change, cultural development and employee engagement.
- Facilitate and collaborate with the Digital, Marketing and customer experience teams to develop our web presence.
- Conduct extensive media management, both incoming and outgoing
- Manage reputational risk and handle crisis communication.
- Close collaboration with the IR and sustainability teams to develop plans, content and progress towards agreed objectives.
- Adviser in the communication area towards the management team, partners and employees
- Participate as a communication resource in various projects across the organization
- Develop and maintain appropriate level of communications policy and guidelines.
- Develop, maintain and follow up communications cost budgets and forecasting
- Be a day-to-day sparring partner with the CEO and Executive team
- Work with HROD and the executive team to develop internal communications programmes and processes required to support organisational change, cultural development and employee engagement
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Extensive experience from similar roles as Communications Director/ Head of Communications
- Hands-on experience with investor relations, media management, strategic planning, communication and top management advising
- Preferably experience from Nordic publicly listed companies with global presence
- Work experience from e.g., logistics, shipping or oil and gas or other industrial B2B sectors are an advantage
- General knowledge or exposure to of Agile delivery models and Scaled Agile an advantage
- Relevant higher education, preferably on master level with majors in e.g., communications, journalism, economics, business, or marketing
- Fluent in English and Norwegian, written and oral
- Detail and accuracy oriented
- Structured way or working, but able to adapt to unforeseen events.
- Growth mindset – both within themselves and towards others.
- Highly collaborative and partnership minded and able to interact across all levels of the organisation
- Able to manage pressure and stress
- Interested in learning new things and staying professionally up to date
- Able to balance strategic thinking with practical application
- Ability to operate effortlessly in a multicultural environment
What will you get from working with us?
- Varied responsibilities and challenging tasks in a truly global company
- Competitive terms of employment and good benefit schemes
- Social activities, access to company cabins and other benefits
- This position is located at Lysaker and we offer a fantastic workplace with colleagues from around the world
Location: Lysaker, Norway
Travel: Occasional travel is to be expected with this role
Deadline to apply: 11th of January 2021
Questions? In this recruitment process, Wallenius Wilhelmsen collaborates with Hammer & Hanborg. If you have questions about the role or the recruitment process, you can contact recruitment advisor Trine Larsen on telephone +47 47 26 99 99 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a value driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language.
Our values: Speed, Courage, Trust, Imagination & Candor
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen operates around 125 vessels servicing 15 trade routes to six continents, together with a global inland distribution network, 120 processing centres, and 11 marine terminals. The company has a strong sustainability focus and is an industry leader in developing innovative solutions to reduce its operational impacts. The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group (OEX: WALWIL) has 9500 employees in 29 countries and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. The group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC. Total income was USD 4.1 billion for the full year of 2018.
The world will keep surprising us, and Wallenius Wilhelmsen will take an active role in defining the future of logistics, imagining new, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea.
For more information see: www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com